visit Halfpenny Home Website

Monday 24 January 2011

Crafty Weekend

I was spurred into action this weekend and got a few crafty makes finished!
Firstly, these two wooden hearts. The large one is painted in Farrow & Ball's London Stone, the medium one is Nutmeg by Laura Ashley. These are for a Halfpenny Home customer who'd bought two similar hearts before Christmas and wanted some more for a gift. It's really special doing something you know someone values enough to give as a gift. Hopefully, she'll be pleased.
Then it was onto cards. So out came my stash of ribbons and lace! This is just a small fraction of my hoard!

I used a punch from Stampin Up, a lovely bird on a branch design, which is one of my favourites at the moment. They are really nice punches to use and the ink pads are very good quality too! Of course, I had to finish off with a button too!

Within a week we've had two invites, one to a Golden Wedding and the other to a Wedding. So, two acceptances were required! The wedding theme is blue and silver so the colour scheme was easy for that one! On the other acceptance I made two little quilled hearts from quilling paper.


Finally, and continuing the heart theme, I got around to framing one of the little pieces I made at Anita's last glass workshop. It's so simple but effective and is made by fusing little fragments of recycled glass together in a kiln. The box frames from The Range are ideal for framing art work. They come in loads of different sizes and you can paint them whatever colour you choose. This is another Farrow & Ball colour, which is one of my favourites, slipper satin. Just as a final flourish I used a Stampin Up stamp, to stamp underneath the heart. It reads "life happens, love helps". Such a simple saying but oh so true.

Nic and I are doing one of Anita's workshops next month (http://www.misshoneypieglass.co.uk/) so hopefully we'll have a few more creations to share with you then.
Hope you had a crafty weekend too!
Jacquix





2 comments:

  1. Love the heart and phrase, it looks so effortlessly put together - simplicity is so beautiful! jennyx

    ReplyDelete