visit Halfpenny Home Website

Sunday 23 January 2011

Pixie Hat!

Inspired by Jacqui's cowl knitted up in the wonderful Knit Collage I've knitted my neice a hat in the colourway Raspberry Sunset - I love this one as it has bright lime green flowers as well as red sequins all through it. I very loosely followed the pattern for a hat on Purlbee but after casting off had a little of the yarn left over and not liking to waste any of this amazing yarn decided to keep on knitting and make a very pixie like knotted hat!

She loved it as much as I enjoyed knitting it and the knot bounces along with her - she really loves buttons so I had to add a few!

As you can see pink is her favourite colour so the hat suits her perfectly - she's ALMOST the perfect model you just have to be very quick with the camera!

We all need woolly hats and scarves with this chilly weather which gives me the perfect excuse to keep on knitting between opening Halfpenny HQ and making sure my chickens are all ok, here's a lovely picture of Button with Bing the cockeral and Zsa Zsa, she's settled in very well after a bumpy start which meant that she had to come to work with me for quite a while...

She's even been laying eggs, little ones! Here one is next to one of Betty's big brown ones!

I'm just finishing off my second pair of stirrup socks and then I'll summon up the courage to show them to everyone! Nic x

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that hat - and how adorable is the little pixie princess wearing it! The eggs are soooo different - maybe it is prem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the hat Annie and she is a right little Pixie Princess!
    I should have said that Button is in the middle of the picture and her (and Zsa Zsa) eggs are little because they are Bantam Silkies - she was sooo tiny as a chick, she could fit in a dessert spoon! I really love her, I love all my chickens, but she's just great! Nic x

    ReplyDelete