visit Halfpenny Home Website

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Finished Projects!

One of Nic's latest projects is this gorgeously soft knitted cotton facecloth. It's just beautiful and is bound to put a smile on your face every time you use it! I particularly love the little heart motif in the centre....but then I love anything with hearts on! And best of all, because it has gone down such a storm in the Studio, Nic has created a pattern which we'd love to share with you! If you'd like a copy of the pattern just email enquiries@halfpennyhome.co.uk and we'll send it to you so you can make one for yourself! We think they'd make great gifts too, so why stop at one?
I've been busy finishing off some painting projects I've had on the go - you may recall a previous post with the unfinished tray and stool. Well, they are now finished!
As it is lavender season I thought this would make a nice image to decorate the tray with. I've used a combination of stencilling and handpainting to achieve the look.
Below is a little vintage bed tray table I picked up at an auction some time ago for the princely sum of £5. It did take a lot of prep but it was worth it. You may not be able to see from the picture but I've finished it to give a slightly aged appearance - a bit softer than the sanded back 'aged' look but just to give it a patina. I loved the delicate blue paint - perfect for a bedroom.
Hopefully here you can see the handpainted image I have done on the tray itself.
And lastly, the little stool that I've done for a customer. I've already done one in another colourway for the same lady. She has two children and I think they each wanted their own stool to use, hence the request for another one! She has been very patient with me as I've been so busy I have been a bit delayed in getting it finished!
And finally, don't forget the Vintage & Craft Fair this Saturday, 17th July. We now also have a lady coming who will be selling her vintage fabrics. Nic has also decided she will part with some of her vintage linen collection...an opportunity not to be missed!
Jacqui x





1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous, love vintage! I wish I was able to come to the vintage fair! Hats are going ok thank you, Nicola. I've just uploaded my latest mad felt creation onto my blog (www.inspiredscilly.blogspot.com). Mum and I did some felt one afternoon and this is what mine came out like! Crazy! Beth x

    ReplyDelete