visit Halfpenny Home Website

Monday 20 December 2010

Woolly Winter Wonderland!


Yes, we're nearly there - just a few more days!
Halfpenny Home has seen an awful lot of handcrafted presents planned and made during this last year. A handmade gift means so much more than a shop bought present as the recipient knows how much thought and care has gone into producing it. One of our Sew and Crow ladies, Michelle has really thrown herself into her crafting and presented me with this wonderful bauble wreath - I love it!


I on the other hand could not resist the temptation to knit up some of the Colinette Point Five that we have in the shop. This speedy one skein pattern is on the very wonderful Purlbee, the blog for Purl Soho in New York. It's really easy and comfy to wear, we need as many woolly knits as possible with all this snow!


Purlbee has some brilliant projects and I'm quite a fan! Jane Southgate and I have been looking for a long sock pattern for ages and couldn't quite find one that we liked until we saw one on the Purlbee blog. We had to get it and it arrived just before knitting...

It's this shaping on the back that really got us going!
It took me no time at all to start knitting up a pair in the hand dyed Wensleydale yarn from the Gedgrave Flock.

They are on hold for now though as along with everyone else I've got loads more presents to make and it's getting closer and closer to the big day!
Everyone needs to stop for lunch though and I can't knit and eat but I do like a read and luckily for me the current issue of Oh Comely magazine has just been dropped off.

It features our very own (Dolly Beth) Beth Davis with a delicious recipe for rhubarb pie!


Right lunch over, back to work! Halfpenny Home will be closed after Wednesday 22nd December and will re-open on Saturday 8th January 2011. Hope everyone's Christmas preperations are going smoothly, Nic x

3 comments:

  1. Very excited you are using my yarn for your socks - and how the colour has turned out - love the socks - can't wait to see them! Have a fab Christmas and New Year - Love T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's lovely to knit with and feels so soft - they are going to be very cosy! I'll bring them with me when we come to see the lambs. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a fantastic New year too! Love Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots in your blog today!! I have never heard of that magazine, I will look for it next time I am in UK. Seasons Greetings.

    ReplyDelete